GSP Pup Barking

TheMorningRise

Just curious how GSP's rank on the barking chart. This is our first, so we do not know.

We have two Siberian Huskies. One hardly says a word unless we are playing or she is yelling at us. The other is a major talker. Our GSP pup (9 weeks old), seems to be a barker. A week and a half with her and she still barks in the crate, although not as much. However, she also barks at the other two dogs, at us once in a while and at other times. I was just curious if this is a barking breed or if it is in each individual dog.

Thanks.

In the house put the pup in a crate. They all carry on. When they go nuts drop a towel over the gate so they can not see. A wire crate will require a sheet or all sides covered somehow. When they settle down, lift it up and walk away. When they carry on again, drop it down again. Leave it down until they settle down. In time they realize what your doing and like the view better. Most will shut up doing this after a while. Just worked on my 10 week old pup. Most not as fast as her, but has worked on all my dogs.

Back