Gsp breeder

Quailnerd

I’m helping my friend who is a life long lab guy search for a gsp breeder. I can vouch that he is a proven hunting dog owner who wants to add a pointing dog to the house. Not sure how far he would travel but let say Texas/nm/kansas/oklahoma/nebraska/
Colorado. Thanks!

If I was willing to look in the KS area, these folks would be my only stop. I've followed them online for some time now. It is definitely worth a search to watch some of their youtube videos, instagram posts, etc. They seem truly top notch. I have no personal breeding experience with them.

If I was willing to look in the KS area, these folks would be my only stop. I've followed them online for some time now. It is definitely worth a search to watch some of their youtube videos, instagram posts, etc. They seem truly top notch. I have no personal breeding experience with them.

I have followed them as well for their training tips and podcasts. The same sentiments resonated with me MNead. I have experience with Champions Vizsla in Roscoe SD. All good with them and they have GSP’s but can’t speak to the blood lines with them.

Really depends on what he intends to do with the gsp.
Field trials??? Call Perfection Kennels. Hunt call on your local navhda chapters. Maybe akc hunt club.

Good videos, I follow them on FB. I have seen them at Pheasant Fest in Omaha I think. Could check the vendor list and see if they will be in Sioux Falls....that might be a bit of a drive.

They're are some quality GSP breeders in KS and MO but some are breed for field trials and are bigger running dogs.. Blue Dawn in KS produces some big running dogs. Hardwood Kennels in MO produces really nice looking hunting dogs that aren't breed to be as big ranging. John Prince in Pittsburg, KS produces some nice hunting dogs and always has pups available. Pretty reasonably priced too.

They're are some quality GSP breeders in KS and MO but some are breed for field trials and are bigger running dogs.. Blue Dawn in KS produces some big running dogs. Hardwood Kennels in MO produces really nice looking hunting dogs that aren't breed to be as big ranging. John Prince in Pittsburg, KS produces some nice hunting dogs and always has pups available. Pretty reasonably priced too.
I got my setter from John Prince. When looking for my next dog he’ll be one of the first people I call.

I also like standing stone. I think they have a great program. But keep in mind they have a very big social media presents so of course they are famous. I would search locally 1st. I would look locally because I think you will find a dog might be better suited for hunting your local game birds and your weather. (I once bought a shorthair from some hot shot bloodline from Iowa pheasant dogs. Every year he put on a show out west on pheasants but didn't really give a crap about quail..)

I’m helping my friend who is a life long lab guy search for a gsp breeder. I can vouch that he is a proven hunting dog owner who wants to add a pointing dog to the house. Not sure how far he would travel but let say Texas/nm/kansas/oklahoma/nebraska/
Colorado. Thanks!
Gun Dog central is another source. You can break your search down to the state. You might be surprised to find breeders pretty close.

Back