Grouse report

Headed up to the Northwoods for a week beginning Saturday.
Wife, dog and I typically hit up places to hike every day, so it also quickly becomes a grouse scouting trip! LOL! Hoping to add a few more places to my list from last year to hit up this fall.
Was on a walk with dog in northern MN last weekend and saw two. Positive outlook: saw two on a short walk. Negative outlook: just one chick in the “brood”.

Wisconsin Drumming Survey for 2024 showed a 60% increase for the Northern area from 2023....so hopefully that trends nicely with numbers. It was a really mild winter/spring for the Northern area.

Headed up to the Northwoods for a week beginning Saturday.
Wife, dog and I typically hit up places to hike every day, so it also quickly becomes a grouse scouting trip! LOL! Hoping to add a few more places to my list from last year to hit up this fall.
Good luck, wow going very early. Let us know how you do. Initial reports are good for a. certain state.

Good luck, wow going very early. Let us know how you do. Initial reports are good for a. certain state.

Grouse doesn't open until September 14th.
We're just going north for a weeks getaway, but we do alot of hiking while we are on vacations, so it's a good opportunity to see/hear birds.

Grouse doesn't open until September 14th.
We're just going north for a weeks getaway, but we do alot of hiking while we are on vacations, so it's a good opportunity to see/hear birds.
Cool. Boy that would tear me up seeing all those Ruffs together.

Back