Grouse Hunting County Suggestions

I am looking at trying some new grouse hunting locations for a change of pace and am considering exploring Langlade County or Douglas County. Does anyone have any experience in either of these two counties? Is there a difference in hunting pressure? Does one county have a more aggressive forestry program? I am assuming both counties will hold birds if you find the habitat.

Not sure where your coming from but I can tell you that you don't have to go that far north to have excellent hunting, we routinely have 15-30 flush days and even had a 50+ one day, all private land but tons of public in the same area, hunting pressure is non existent, mostly just hound hunters running coyote.
I should also mention that we really don't start grouse hunting until after gun season is over, I'm sure as the cover disappears more of the birds are in the same fringes, a lot of sloughs and cattail edges in the woods same as the late season pheasants up there!

So with all that where are you coming from and when do you normally hunt and what kind of dog do you run?

Back