Group Builder let's hunt

Duckdown1141

Hello,

Looking to find a few folks to hunt with in North & South Dakota, Kansas, and, Nebraska. I have 4 GSP's that are ready to roll. I am open to running hard this year from Nov-Jan all over. Let me know if anyone is interested in linking up. I am out of North Texas around Dallas area.

might be interested, although i just run one GWP, so he might get run over by multiple dogs on the ground at the same time.

Are you going to hunt during the week at all? I've got 2 setters -- 3yo and 4 -- they just need more bird contacts but have been on enough - I've only had the 3yo one year and the 4 yo now 2 years so they're just coming around to really getting to know me.

I live in KS and am self employed -- need to hunt more this year to make up for not getting out as much the last couple years. N or S Dakota is on my list to visit someday -- maybe it'd be worth it in November when KS can sometimes still be kind of hot. Once it gets cold hell no 🥶, get enough of that here, our 2 week single digit spell w some days below zero and a couple with highs of 1 or 2 degrees - I got my fill of that stuff...ha :)

Once it gets cold hell no 🥶, get enough of that here, our 2 week single digit spell w some days below zero and a couple with highs of 1 or 2 degrees - I got my fill of that stuff...ha :)
Them cold days are my bread and butter hunting days haha you gota embrace the cold up here in MN 😂

KsHusker, you need to get to South Dakota! It is a pheasant hunter's paradise! Been going up there every other year (all public ground) for 15 years now and I love it! The bird numbers aren't what they used to be up there but everything it's still awesome! We usually go the end of October or the first part of November.

KsHusker, you need to get to South Dakota! It is a pheasant hunter's paradise! Been going up there every other year (all public ground) for 15 years now and I love it! The bird numbers aren't what they used to be up there but everything it's still awesome! We usually go the end of October or the first part of November.
it's a far cry from what it was a few years ago.

Well if you ever have room in your group for an extra set of legs keep me in mind. I had areas in kS that would previously likely rival or better parts of SD - but those were a few years ago so I've pretty much stopped targeting them -- but my dogs could sure use the contacts and learning experience.

Them cold days are my bread and butter hunting days haha you gota embrace the cold up here in MN 😂
I'm good to about mid to upper 20s with 5mph or less winds - any more than that I dont enjoy it and I've just not had much luck with any setter I've owned smelling very well if it gets colder than that - N wind in KS and 20s can wear ya out in a hurry ha. -- I think it has to do with the air typically being a lot drier for my perception of the dogs sniffers never performing well - I dont know - - lots of birds ran over or bumped on super cold days. Fresh powdery snow is the exception - but hard to hit those just right here. (IE be in the right place right time, mother nature snows the night before you go hunting and you are already near the hunting area etc....I dont do 200 mile one way trips to my happy hunting grounds on snowy roads either ha -- seen too many accidents). Anyways Ive derailed the thread which I'm good at - but not sure if the OP abandoned the thread or not. :unsure:

Are you going to hunt during the week at all? I've got 2 setters -- 3yo and 4 -- they just need more bird contacts but have been on enough - I've only had the 3yo one year and the 4 yo now 2 years so they're just coming around to really getting to know me.

I live in KS and am self employed -- need to hunt more this year to make up for not getting out as much the last couple years. N or S Dakota is on my list to visit someday -- maybe it'd be worth it in November when KS can sometimes still be kind of hot. Once it gets cold hell no 🥶, get enough of that here, our 2 week single digit spell w some days below zero and a couple with highs of 1 or 2 degrees - I got my fill of that stuff...ha :)
Im open for going anytime week days and weekends

Well if you ever have room in your group for an extra set of legs keep me in mind. I had areas in kS that would previously likely rival or better parts of SD - but those were a few years ago so I've pretty much stopped targeting them -- but my dogs could sure use the contacts and learning experience.
Will keep you in mind if we ever need another. Good luck this year.

Back