Government shutdown effects

retrvrman

I received this e-mail today:

Hunting Site Closure:

Due to the U.S. government shutdown, all hunting on the federal installations of Fort Carson and Pinon Canyon Maneuver Site are closed until further notice. This may have an adverse affect on select seasons and we regret this unfortunate inconvenience. Services available support life, safety and health we are unable to provide additional personnel to support hunting sports due to continued funding constraints

Well there you go :mad::eek:

Greg

In addition to land closures around here, I'll receive a letter next week telling me I'm furloughed. Lots of time to hunt, fewer places to do it, & no income to support it. I didn't vote for it, but I've had my fill of "Hope & Change." I'll also never vote for an incumbent congressman for the remainder of my voting career. I, for one, am terribly ashamed of those in DC to whom we entrusted our care.

I remember one upstanding Senator. Ben Nighthorse Cambell. :thumbsup:

Don't know if this is a nation wide deal or just something SD did, if it's just SD then you might try to get your state to do the same

SIOUX FALLS, SD -
Hunters have more options as of Friday afternoon.

South Dakota Governor Dennis Daugaard announced that Waterfowl Production Area lands closed as part of the federal government shutdown have now been re-opened.

The change opens more land for South Dakota's resident-only pheasant season October 12 to 14. The traditional statewide pheasant season opens October 19.

2013 KELOLAND TV. All Rights Reserved.

Don't know if this is a nation wide deal or just something SD did, if it's just SD then you might try to get your state to do the same

SIOUX FALLS, SD -
Hunters have more options as of Friday afternoon.

South Dakota Governor Dennis Daugaard announced that Waterfowl Production Area lands closed as part of the federal government shutdown have now been re-opened.

The change opens more land for South Dakota's resident-only pheasant season October 12 to 14. The traditional statewide pheasant season opens October 19.

2013 KELOLAND TV. All Rights Reserved.

ND did the same thing........:thumbsup:

Back