Got My Deer now for Pheasant

Stel67

Waited a long time to draw this tag and was lucky enough to get a nice buck.
Now it's time to focus on some birds

003.jpg

What a great buck - congrats!

Curious what unit you hunted? I'm sitting on 13 deer points, and debating whether or not to go ahead and spend them in 2016 on the September above-timberline hunt in 74, Bosque 2nd season, or wait a few more years for unit 2.

What a great buck - congrats!

Curious what unit you hunted? I'm sitting on 13 deer points, and debating whether or not to go ahead and spend them in 2016 on the September above-timberline hunt in 74, Bosque 2nd season, or wait a few more years for unit 2.

Sent you a PM

Nice brow tines on that dude!!! Congrats!!

Cedahm, I would look into a area with a 4th season hunt. Next year will be the longest or latest in the month one can hunt. Should give you a great chance of hitting the rut. There are some nice ones in the Bosque and heard they picked up a Lion kill that was in the 250 range. Could be a needle in a haystack hunting that terrain though...:cheers:

That is a really excellent deer. Congratulations on your harvest!! It sure makes the year a little more pleasant with game in the freezer.

Just picked up the meat from the processor the jerky turned out great! Got plenty of burger and sausage to get me through the winter :)

That is a really excellent deer. Congratulations on your harvest!! It sure makes the year a little more pleasant with game in the freezer.

Back