Got an invitation

I received an invitation to hunt private land in south central Nebraska. What does the bird outlook look like if you know? I have not bee to Nebraska before, but looking forward to it.

I have some friends up elk hunting right now in Montana from Grand Island area, they are telling me the pheasant population is doing a little better then it has been, they say the quail are really doing well, trying to talk me into coming down in January...lol

I am thinking January may be a little late :). What do you think?

No way that's perfect hardly any other hunters birds have settled back down & they are they prettiest they will be all season... Hard hunted areas birds may be spooky but hunt outta the way low pressure areas u will have a blast in January... I'll be down in NE come January mid to late January...

How bad does the snow and weather get then?

Depends on the year & wear u hunt its always windy if u go north it will be about same as SD weather... I hunted central & southern central Nebraska last WK of January 2 years ago was mid 50s in day low 40s at night not really a winter like we have in MN

Now u can get a blizzard & get a bad stretch of weather cold wind rain snow sucks & like I say its always windy in Nebraska Kansas South/North Dakota we had a great weather its very mild winters in southern Nebraska into KS ...

P.s. go onto the Nebraska parks & rec site etc & u can request a hunting packet includes public hunting atlas 2016 upland forecast hunting regs there are birds in the focus on pheasants areas threrwout the state look into these areas google them if need be...

January can be good, so can earlier, if you have private ground that is not over hunted, any time would work, hell, Nebraska can be bitter in January, or you could be in short sleeves...LOL. I can't make it down if I decide to go till then is the deal, have a lot of tags to fill here in Montana, and all the birds I could care to shoot, it would be a trip of taking some elk down to family in January.

Back