Good Vest

vdduplander

I am looking to upgrade my vest to a vest designed for running dogs. I looked at Cabelas and Bass Pro and did not see many options. My Transmitter for the ecollar is Dogtra NCP 2000. If anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate it.

Last edited:
i got the 8n1 vest from cableas have to say its warm and lots of bird room but really no room for shells it only has the 2 pockets on the vest but i like it

I have the filson vest that JMB mentioned and I love it.

Not fancy but really functional.

Large bird bag
Double pockets to separate shells from other items
2 pockets for transmitters
Waist strap
Zippered indise pocket

I don't think you will be dissapointed if that is the type of garment you are looking for. I have the cabelas gortex jacket as well. Sometimes I wear one or the other and sometimes I will wear the vest over that jacket or another jacket for more storage when on long hikes far from the truck.

I also bought the filson bib overalls and love them too.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. JMB and Scoob they Filston's vest looks great but how do you satisfy any hunter orange requirements?

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. JMB and Scoob they Filston's vest looks great but how do you satisfy any hunter orange requirements?

There are no orange requirements as far as I know in Alberta, Montana or South Dakota. I assume some states have this requirement if you are asking.

I always wear an orange hat and I have a shirt with orange shoulder pads and forearms. On a warm day when I use only the vest the orange on the shirt shows up very well. On a cold day I wear the vest over my cabelas jacket which has orange shoulder pads front and back.

Filson also makes the tin cloth strap vest in a blaze orange as well. It's an awesome looking vest, but a little too pricey right now, mabe I'll get it for next season.

Filson also makes the tin cloth strap vest in a blaze orange as well. It's an awesome looking vest, but a little too pricey right now, mabe I'll get it for next season.

I agree I am on a shoe string budget but I do believe in buying quality once than cr*& a couple of times. I think I will start saving for a present next sep/nov.

I agree with the quality issue. I'm definately looking at the Filson tin cloth strap vest as well, before next season. I just would like to try it on before I buy, but we don't have any Filson dealers locally here where I can do that. I won't buy it until I can. Once I saw the Pella bird n Lite vest on line and read some reviews I thought I would walk in and buy it. Then I tried it on. Holy Cow! I thought I would have to go back to college to figure out the strap system, and then when I did, the fit was terrible. I couldn't imagine loading up the game bag, shells, collar remote, etc. and imagine it being comfortable. My point being, I live in a fairly remote area, as far as larger dealers carrying a lot of stock goes. So buying something (clothing) on line usually turns into sending things back and forth until I am satisfied or I just return it. At least I have time to look around until I find one I can try on. Hopefully it fits well and I will have one by next season.

Back