Good Season Ender

Went on my final outing for the year as far as wild birds go. Terrain was different, weather was different, but the bobwhites call it home nonetheless!! Cant think of anything else I'd rather have been doing on Super Bowl Weekend. Didn't see one minute of the game. And it was a good one I hear! Instead I took a trip with two guys who I didn't really know but not far into day 1 felt like I've known em my whole life. It's nice to hunt with guys that share the same sort of outlook on hunting, and well, life I guess. One guy is also a fellow member of the forum, so more proof that this forum works! (Hope he doesn't get mad about being in one of these photos)Had a blast and can't wait until season next year. Have a little bit of work to do polishing the young pups but I have a very good base to work from so far. The old dog was pretty consistent for me on the trip and the year for that fact. Just need to get the young ones to follow in that legacy! Hope you like the photos gents. Taken with an Android so be nice!

I'm just guessing but due to the looks & only a few states still open my $$$ is on OK if public land hunting Texas if not public land hunt...

Would be interested in a state also major part in story for me... Lol

P.S. love the hunting cap

:coolpics:I'm glad you take pics while your dogs are working.
And.....at least it is an American League Central team:thumbsup:

Way to focus on the hat in the hunt pics guys. Alright. Everybody is wrong. The hat is my high school baseball team hat. Yes, I did rip off the twin city logo because its an awesome logo but not a big Twins fan. The national league central, now it has some teams in it! Don't want to lead anyone on. And the state is Texas not OKLA. I usually just say midwest but Texas is about the size of the entire midwest so I think we're safe there not giving away areas. But we were not far from OK. Same terrain. Same bird population this year. They dont run like pheasants but they do run quite a bit. Covies got up scattered alot. Thank you hettmoe, my android does what it can. I did get the bird in flight on the one pic. Got lucky. It was a good point by my setter puppy. Wish I could have gotten her froze on point but getting the bird in the pic was a good feat.

SMO, I have our game hat just like that one in blaze orange. My little redneck players ya know! Gotta love em. They are fitted hats though. We should have a new batch coming in another month. Ill send ya one.

Way to focus on the hat in the hunt pics guys. Alright. Everybody is wrong. The hat is my high school baseball team hat. Yes, I did rip off the twin city logo because its an awesome logo but not a big Twins fan. The national league central, now it has some teams in it! Don't want to lead anyone on. And the state is Texas not OKLA. I usually just say midwest but Texas is about the size of the entire midwest so I think we're safe there not giving away areas. But we were not far from OK. Same terrain. Same bird population this year. They dont run like pheasants but they do run quite a bit. Covies got up scattered alot. Thank you hettmoe, my android does what it can. I did get the bird in flight on the one pic. Got lucky. It was a good point by my setter puppy. Wish I could have gotten her froze on point but getting the bird in the pic was a good feat.

Any public in the area??? Or pay trespass fee hunting like most all TX

I hunted turkey on the TX/OK border 2-3 Years lots of birds we were on the OK side

Back