Good places to eat and stay

I appreciate your interest in our state. There are not any problem with the eating or lodging accomadations. It's not 5-star, but clean and food is alright. Problem is the bird hunting, if you don't have a previous relation ship in the area, there is very limited public land, no walk in hunting. You it will take time to get permission, and the bird population might be scattered at best. If it's a long haul, the time and money might be used better somewhere else. If you happen to be coming back later, or future years, and view this as an adventure, to make inroads for the future, then come on! I hope we have a destination location in the future, we used to be! Good luck.

When i hunt in marville mo there is lots of places to eat, lots of motels, and a huge public spot called bilby west of town about 15 miles lots of cover lots of food strips i went there for my first time this year didnt do any good it was opening weekend lots of bird hunters but there are birds there so ive heard? I wouldnt be afraid to hunt mo at all this year quail will keep you interested if you like them i do anyway good luck if you come

Okay you write somewhere else,where is somewhere else?

I have no idea where you are? My suggestion is if your out of state, and you have a ways to go, there are other places to find pheasants that have better better success. Like South Dakota, for instance. If you want to come, your welcome, let us know how you do. Good restuarants and motels in Bethany, Maryville, or St Joseph. The bird population should be indicative around those towns.

Back