Good Hunting Weekend

westksbowhunter

Pretty good hunting this weekend. My son and I shot 9 pheasants and 5 quail. We could have been greedy and shot a few more of both but just let the dog flush instead.

Glad you had some luck, I hunted a few WIHA's a township or two north of Lucas and south of highway 181. It was a long ride up from Joplin, Mo to not find any birds, but the pup and I had a blast. Wish I could have hunted a few more days and explored some more, it sure was pretty country.

-John

Hoxie area. As much as I love hunting out here, I think I am heading back to the Pittsburg Joplin area at the end of the school year. Gonna suck just hunting a couple of times year.

For my first post , congrats on a good weekend. I am from the area of Pittsburg- Joplin as you mentioned myself. I had planed on going out that way shortly (when its cold) .I huntted the Stockton area for years till just was not many birds there. Been huntn the Ness area with great success till its bad drought this year. I lost my hunt partners nowdays, my dad to cancer , my son just cannot go anymore. My Dr. says not to go allone but I have that Pheasant desire in my mind. Guess if I die there alone I was doin what I really liked best in life Huntn Pheasants. Nice to here. Dave

Back