Good Food

Stormy

I'm thinking about heading to the Forest City Area on Oct.26 over my 16 year olds Fall Break from High School. We've got a good little Brittany and it looks like there is a Super 8 in town that's Dog friendly. We'll grab an Iowa Atlas and hit some Public ground in the area for a couple of days and make the most of it. Looking for a good Steak , Pizza and Breakfast spots in the area if anyone knows of any. Thanks,
Stormy

Think it is great that you were able to decide on a location, and, that you are taking your son.Just curious as to why you picked that area? Sorry. I'm not familiar with that area to be able to help. Perhaps blackcloud could. You are a good Dad!:thumbsup You may find that information on their chamber of commerce website.

Last edited:
Hopefully my oldest son can get away from College for a couple of days too, he turns 20 on the 15th. I was advised to stay away from the popular spots in the Northwest part of the state over the opener to avoid the Zoo . This is an out of the way area , small Town, which suits me, and there is a fair supply of public ground spread over 2 or 3 counties. My expectations of birds are low, but a hunting road trip with my boy(s) a tired dog, a cold one or 2 in the evening and some good food is where the real fun is. Iowa is not too bad of a drive for us, and I like it, my Brittany was bred there too ! Hopefully he'll earn a Steak too and get some good experience.

how far are you willing to drive. mason city has some great steak houses. lots of public land near forest city. i have been seeing more birds now that crops are out. look for areas that have had water all summer and fall. almost all of the marshes and ponds have been dry since late spring. dredge ditchs have some water in them yet as well as the larger rivers. good luck and have fun with your sons.

Now that the dust has settled, winter still upon us(even tho it's the first day of spring), curious to find out how you did, Stormy.

Back