Good deal at Rogers Ammo

mgorvi

Just a heads up. Rogers has Federal Wing Shok 12 ga 1 1/4 oz on sale for $129 a case free shipping and no tax. Wish the same stuff in 16ga would go on sale but unlikely. Ive tried quite a bit of different types of ammo and miss equally well with all of them, but $12.99 a box for that stuff is a good deal. 1500 fps is a little fast for my taste, but i picked up a case anyway for this fall. Hope the recoil is tolerable. My new gun is gas, but its pretty light. No new sweet 16 till feb now.

I always keep an eye on Rogers. They have very good ammo deals. I live close enough to drive over there and its an ammo paradise. Like a Home Depot of shotgun shells.

Rogers

When you order from out of state and no tax or shipping, they are a good deal. I first found out about them from Dakotazeb I think. I keep watching for the Federal 16 ga. 1 1/8 oz 5s to go on sale. They are 189.99 a case now, but free shipping and no tax still makes them a pretty good deal. Never shot any fast ammo before so ill try the Federals out and see if they kick too much. Was gonna go with Kent 1 1/2 oz of 4s instead, but it seemed like more firepower than necessary. If the Federals bother me ill shoot them up and find something slower.

Just a heads up. Rogers has Federal Wing Shok 12 ga 1 1/4 oz on sale for $129 a case free shipping and no tax. Wish the same stuff in 16ga would go on sale but unlikely. Ive tried quite a bit of different types of ammo and miss equally well with all of them, but $12.99 a box for that stuff is a good deal. 1500 fps is a little fast for my taste, but i picked up a case anyway for this fall. Hope the recoil is tolerable. My new gun is gas, but its pretty light. No new sweet 16 till feb now.

I bought these shells last year and am very happy with them. I have a over / under and don't notice recoil too much. Can't beat the price if you shoot a lot.

Just a heads up. Rogers has Federal Wing Shok 12 ga 1 1/4 oz on sale for $129 a case free shipping and no tax. Wish the same stuff in 16ga would go on sale but unlikely. Ive tried quite a bit of different types of ammo and miss equally well with all of them, but $12.99 a box for that stuff is a good deal. 1500 fps is a little fast for my taste, but i picked up a case anyway for this fall. Hope the recoil is tolerable. My new gun is gas, but its pretty light. No new sweet 16 till feb now.[/QUOTE

Just my $0.02 here. I picked up a couple boxes of WingShok #5's about 3 years ago, thinking it should be the holy grail of 16-gauge pheasant loads. Boy was I wrong. I bought them during the season and never did actually shoot them at paper, but they did NOT kill roosters well through either IC, M, or F tubes in my Sweet 16. I don't know if the velocity was blowing the pattern apart or what, but buffered, copper-plated or not, they didn't perform in my gun. Opted for Fiocchi Optima Specific High Velocity instead. 1-1/8 oz of #5's at 1,300 fps. Much more effective for me. Good thing too, because I believe Federal has discontinued WingShok in 16 ga.

Back