Golden Hunter From Ohio

Hi! My name is Gerry from NW Ohio. I have a 4 yr old male golden named Beau. I am a retiredfirefighter and also guide hunts for a nearby hunt club.Usually guide about 65 hunts a season. Would enjoy talking with other golden owners as there are not many hunting golden in this area.I have had 5 goldens and all have been excellent hunters! Don't know if I am just lucky or doing something right! :cheers:

Look on the main page for the heading "Bird Dog Discussions" click on Main Bird Dog Forum (it's underlined and in bold print) it will open to all the threads and then it's about ten items down--click on it. :D

Last edited:
Welcome to the site.

Currently hunt a 3-yr. Golden; high prey drive, loves cattails, will point birds that hold and is excellent at the retrieve.

Have had five Goldens - this one is the most intelligent. Bought this dog from a Wis. breeder. He has a Top Brass background ( Illinois breeder).

Happy trails!

Gerry - welcome to the site. Pretty sure I hunted with you and your golden's 4-5 years ago out at the hunt club.

Matt D

Matt

Can't say I remember but I would probably remember your face. I only have the pup Beau now Gage got cancer and I lost him this summer! Just got back from Elk horn had a hunt in the a.m. and one in p.m. Now I am working on my recliner. Thanks for the welcome hope to see you at the club. Gerry:cheers:

Back