Glad to be here!

N.D.Field

Hello, I am new to pheasant hunting, but I have been hunting quail and dove for a little while. I also like waterfowl, and big game(deer hog etc) I live in Blanco, Tx in the fabulous hill country. I am married with 2 boys, 2 dogs, 20 barbado sheep and a family of coons that like to cause trouble.
My bird dog is a GSP is 8 mos old and is on his way to making a decent bird hunter. I plan on using him both upland and in waterfowl situations, and putting him through the NAVDA trials. He comes from dixieland rusty stock and he seems to be a natural.
I work as a mix-chemist at a cement manufacturer, and also manage equipment for a local excavation contractor. All this while trying to train the pup, be a good dad and husband and find the time to hunt, and fish for Red Drum(my 3rd mistress) I keep busy but still find time to wind down, sip a few adult beverages, and raise a little cain.
I look forward to "meeting" you guys and maybe we can shoot some lead together. Unless of course we are required to shoot steel, then of course, we can do that.

Adios for now,
Rusty aka N.D. Field

Welcome to the site from another new comer.

Can't have too many Texans around. We always raise the class level whereever we go. :D

Hope you plan to get your boys in the fields also. Mine started at 12 carrying a BB Gun and 7 years later still looks forward to the trip.

Who was the breeder of your GSP? I got mine through Ronnie Sales of Free Flight Kennels and could not be happier. His first trip afield was at 7 months and the roosters he was retrieving were close to his size.

Drop me a line if your hunting trip timing falls around the 24th of Nov and you can get a kitchen pass. I have plenty of private land access that is hard to hunt with just two of us and one dog.

Thanks, and you are correct, we always raise the bar with our presence. As far as the boys go, my oldest (5yo) already fishes with me, even in my kayak. He also takes part in training gunrr. My youngest (2yo), well, his 3rd word after mom and dad was outside, and his favorite T.V. show is the dock dogs compeititions and he loves to go on our walks. I live on 30 acres and we walk around and let the dogs "work" the fields and scrub. And, yes, I plan on getting them into the field when they are able.
I didn't get the pup from a "breeder". The guy is a hunting buddy, that has good working dogs. His male was from Dixieland Rusty Stock, and the Female from Tin Star. They both are proven hunters, and their lineage contains many champions and titles. I don't really care about that, all I know is that his and his dad's dogs know how to find the birds. However, I do have much respect for the quality breeders out there, they have made our dogs what they are today, great hunters and companions.
Thanks for the invite, I will have to see, I believe we will be there the week b4 t-giving but that could change. I also have a goose hunt planned but may be able to work a goose hunt and trip up there at the same time. I hunt the honkers in Rochester,Tx which is right on the way, from what I could tell from the google map.

Hello, I am new to pheasant hunting, but I have been hunting quail and dove for a little while. I also like waterfowl, and big game(deer hog etc) I live in Blanco, Tx in the fabulous hill country. I am married with 2 boys, 2 dogs, 20 barbado sheep and a family of coons that like to cause trouble.
My bird dog is a GSP is 8 mos old and is on his way to making a decent bird hunter. I plan on using him both upland and in waterfowl situations, and putting him through the NAVDA trials. He comes from dixieland rusty stock and he seems to be a natural.
I work as a mix-chemist at a cement manufacturer, and also manage equipment for a local excavation contractor. All this while trying to train the pup, be a good dad and husband and find the time to hunt, and fish for Red Drum(my 3rd mistress) I keep busy but still find time to wind down, sip a few adult beverages, and raise a little cain.
I look forward to "meeting" you guys and maybe we can shoot some lead together. Unless of course we are required to shoot steel, then of course, we can do that.

Adios for now,
Rusty aka N.D. Field

Welcome and best of luck hunting with your pup this season.

Back