Gettysburg vs. Redfield areas

T

tOlzon

I'm planning to come hunt in SD the week before Thanksgiving, and was looking for a little advice. I've hunted in the Gettysburg area a few times and had great luck.

However, this year I haven't been able to find lodging within 50 miles of there. I was thinking about trying the Redfield area, since I've heard good things.

Could I expect similar hunting experiences in both areas? Is one area hunted harder than the other? More or less hunters?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Likewise, if anyone wants to join up for a hunt, let me know. It'll just be 2 of us and our dogs.

I just returned from a 8 day hunt north of Gettysburg. We had great hunting and even better accommodations.

We stayed at small resort called Harers Lodge about 12 miles north of town. We had a nice cabin and full lounge and bar. I will post the phone number on here when I get home tonight.

Thanks for the info. Looks like they are all booked up the days I wanted to go. Too bad...

tOlzon, did you try the Sage Motel and Trail Motel in Gettysburg? You might also try the Country Side Motel in Hoven (605-948-2500). It's about 20 miles NE of Gettysburg.

Back