Getting Ready For Winner

Four weeks from today I will be in Winner for the 15th time. I have always hunted with Mansheimpheasants.com and have never had a bad time. I stay at the Warrior Inn, eat at Sawyers for breakfast and have a good steak at the American Legion in Colome. Kooch cleans my birds and drinks my good whiskey if I give him the chance. I have done some very initial preparing. My boots are shined and I have the required amount of ammo on hand. I started a list the first year, have refined it over the years and will take a look at it in the next week or so.

I have cleaned the Red Label and need to take the bolt out of the Special Field 1100 and make sure it is clean. I have plenty of Crown Royal for the flask, but need to pick up some Halloween candy for the kids and myself. I already have reservations for the first night in York, NE. I use to purchase my license online before I went, but now buy it at the old Rexall in Winner. I prefer to spend my money locally if possible. I am also looking forward to buying some Grain Belt.

The only problem is a stress fracture in my left foot. However, I can hop down the fields if necessary.

Probably the best part of the trip is that I share it with a friend of 45 years. He lives in Texas and we meet in Nebraska. To make things better, My brother in law rides up with him and a new friend from Memphis drives up to join me.

sir,
enjoy your hunt, you are legal and that is all that counts.some people think they own the state , its like that here in my state with some folks, good luck and let us know how you did.:cheers:

That is a ways for pellets to fly. Most info in range books says the maximum range of pellets is less than 400 yards.

and the odds of one hitting you very slim and if it did you may not even feel it.

and the odds of one hitting you very slim and if it did you may not even feel it.

oh i felt it.. and the team i was with heard the pellets hit my hunting vest... so yes.. it hit me.. but not at lethal speed.. i dont know what else shoots out BBs from shotguns.. i know birds dont shit BBs...

oh i felt it.. and the team i was with heard the pellets hit my hunting vest... so yes.. it hit me.. but not at lethal speed.. i dont know what else shoots out BBs from shotguns.. i know birds dont shit BBs...

from a 1/2 mile?:rolleyes: Must have been one tight choke. :D

That is a ways for pellets to fly. Most info in range books says the maximum range of pellets is less than 400 yards.

around 250 yards. been dove hunting and had pellets fall around us and some may hit but was like rain drop hitting us.

from a 1/2 mile?:rolleyes: Must have been one tight choke. :D

again i probably over estimated it.. it was i say either 1/4 mile or less... i mean im standing in one quarter of a field where the mashiem's team was in the next quarter over... yes.. pellets hit me... but didnt hit hard enough. just enough to feel and hear it hit me.. so again. .YES it hit me...

wanna get all "i got a college degree in math" crap... thats fine.. either way, safety or not, they shot toward us...

around 250 yards. been dove hunting and had pellets fall around us and some may hit but was like rain drop hitting us.

and you know, it can depend on what kind of shot youre using too. dove hunting, you dont wanna use too big of a shot.. be an over kill for dove hunting.

Back