Getting close!

dukhnter7

Pretty dead around here but the season is close. What are you doing to get ready? I've been trying to make sure the dog stays in shape and myself as well. Did a little scouting and talking to landowners setting up opening day. Had the dog on some planted birds with some of the people that I plan to hunt with. I like to make sure they understand the dog and what it looks like when he gets "birdy". Bird numbers should be up somewhat from last year and the dog has progressed a ton from last year. Looking forward to putting all of this training to good use!

Good luck to everyone! :cheers:

My boy Louie is only 5 months old and I don't have anyone I know to hunt with yet so my plans this year are to get out and let him do his thing and work more on training then shooting.

I hunted Blue grouse a lot in September and lately I've been running the dogs on quail we released in July to keep the dogs entertained until the real bird season opens. Dogs are looking great and my youngest GSP just turned three and I'm expecting a great season out of her as long as she stays healthy. I can hardly wait for pheasants to open. This is the first time in ten years I haven't gone up to South Dakota to hunt due to a busy work schedule and weddings every other weekend. Dogs are ready to hunt to say the least.

sand burrs

made a trip to the ks- co area (weskan) The sand burrs were the worst I have ever seen. Dogs will have to wear boots. Because of the early rain this year the
weeds are chest high. Sill a lot of corn to be cut.

Me & my buddy got our boys on planted birds at Wingsport in Brighton. Jason is great to work with, the pricing is great, and they have a good bit of land with varying cover so you can request the easy stuff if your dog's a beginner or if you want tough stuff for your veteran dog. Going out again solo with my dog (French Brittany Spaniel on the right) on Wednesday. He held steady to shot on 7 out of the 10 in the picture. My buddy's GSP pointed 1 and flushed 1.
Jordy_hunt_10-31-15_zpspxnitesf.jpg

Last edited:
Back