German shorthair pointer breeder...buyers beware

Status
Not open for further replies.

adhcompany

looking for anybody that has had good or bad experience with a GSP breeder . Won't give name but I just want to say: BUYER BEWARE

Last edited by a moderator:
I know who you are referring to. I personally haven't done business with them but a close friend of mine did. I had a similar exp with a Brit Spaniel breeder from lower Iowa. Was super professional online and on the phone, but refused to let me come to their house to see the parents. Eventually they gave in, they were basically an AKC puppy mill with high power lineage. I still ended up buying the puppy and she has been great. There are some SKETCHY breeders out there overbreeding dogs to make a buck.

ordered "trained" dog in 1st week January... chose one from 3 pictures in 1st week April....got there August 6th.....he trotted out a dog that wasn't the one I had chosen...like I wasn't going to know? called him on it and he said he previously sold it.....a round trip of 3800 miles and he waits to tell me this when I get there? dog he trotted out was skinny and timid...and I felt sorry for it. I did see it point 3 thrown down quail which were shot over it...it didn't obey any commands..not whoa, here, respond to whistle...but did retrieve the dead birds to me...not him....dog has potential at least I says.

Once home and to vet...worse case of ear mites, worms, 10 - 15# underweight, tooth decay...doesn't obey any command after acclimated to me for almost 3 weeks. YEP, one fine trained dog.

PM this poster if you require additional information.

It is inappropriate to post critical statements about a private transaction on a public, sponsored, forum.

What organization is he registered through? If you file a complaint and attach the vet records, he could have his breedership pulled. That's some BS right there

wish I could tell ya..he didn't give me papers saying he would send them along within a week..
don't know what kind of old fool I am...
check out his website..looks good...BUT

Sounds like a bad experience for sure. Which surprises me. I got 2 female shorthairs from him a while ago. I got puppies but there were started dogs there too. He walked me all through his operation. Dogs looked healthy, puppies were clean despite being in a big group and jumping all over each other. And they were dynamite in the field. I dont know him really just talked to him a couple of times when I got the dogs. I would actually recommend him from the experience I had...

ordered "trained" dog in 1st week January... chose one from 3 pictures in 1st week April....got there August 6th.....he trotted out a dog that wasn't the one I had chosen...like I wasn't going to know? called him on it and he said he previously sold it.....a round trip of 3800 miles and he waits to tell me this when I get there? dog he trotted out was skinny and timid...and I felt sorry for it. I did see it point 3 thrown down quail which were shot over it...it didn't obey any commands..not whoa, here, respond to whistle...but did retrieve the dead birds to me...not him....dog has potential at least I says.

Once home and to vet...worse case of ear mites, worms, 10 - 15# underweight, tooth decay...doesn't obey any command after acclimated to me for almost 3 weeks. YEP, one fine trained dog.

PM this poster if you require additional information.
It is inappropriate to post critical statements about a private transaction on a public, sponsored, forum.

I thought you were not going to name him. When you posted this a couple of weeks ago, I looked your guy up. It pulled up another forum from 4 or 5 years ago, some guy was on there stirring shit up. Six months later another came on with a similar complaint same bad attitude. In the end Craig made it right with the second guy. It's the internet I'm not sure what to believe.

well you can call me at ask for Tony and I'[ll share more. I've been trying to post the pictures of the dog from when I got home with him but can't get it done for some reason.

Please don't post these types of threads. It is against forum policy. We just don't want things to turn in to a "burn the witch" forum. No one knws if someone is just trying to grind an axe "as said in forum rules" Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back