genetic enginering

blackcloud27

if we can geneticly change plants and clone animals what can we alter a pheasant with? if we used coot they would have webbed feet and could swim to safety in the heavy rains. mosqitoes would make them multiply by the billions and love swampy cover. i know these sounds like a wierd thread but need to do something funny to get over all the gloom from the rain. makes more sense than iowa allowing landowners to stock pen raised birds where there is very little habitat.

Didn't you hear years back they cloned pheasant with bigfoot and now there hard to find:D They better not clone them with the most perfect creature in the world coot. I'd have to change my web name to cootsant:mad:

Crows, clone pheasants with crows.
Crows seem to be able to survive anywhere anytime. :cheers:

Crows, clone pheasants with crows.
Crows seem to be able to survive anywhere anytime. :cheers:

With all due respect Sir, I think this is a terrible idea:D Ever tried to shoot a crow w/ a .22 from a distance? When I was 19 living in my first country home, I thought I'd help the farmer by trying to shoot the crows in his field which was right out my front door. I got a shot off the first time I snuck out the door to do it, but after that, they would fly as soon as I'd open the door, even when they were sitting more than 100 yards away. Let's think of a less weary species. Crows are hardy, but they're just too jumpy:rolleyes:

K-brit, yah:eek::eek: I'll need to think a bit more.:eek:
Eaten crows not all that good either.:(

Ive got it. Clone them with California quail. Just think, they would run in coveys, have a beautiful plume on their heads, and could live and breed in limited brushy cover right in our back yards without the need for cereal crops or expansive grassy cover. Hopefully they would inherit the pheasants tollerance for snow.

Back