Gas price?

FCSpringer

Well I now know why the gas is so spendy. I just watched the Exon TV ad. I guess it is because we now have " SMART FUEL " ooooooh,:D It is smart on a molecular level.
Now I am no genius, but I was happy with " DUMB " old gas at 1.25 a gallon.
:cheers:

Last edited:
Well I now know why the gas is so spendy. I just watched the Exon TV ad. I guess it is because we now have " SMART FULE " ooooooh,:D It is smart on a molecular level.
Now I am no genius, but I was happy with " DUMB " old gas at 1.25 a gallon.
:cheers:

Me too buddy! Tired of being "robbed" in general:mad: We've started getting away from big food stores and getting more local stuff (milk, eggs, veggies, and have always consumed local meat). Too bad I can't buy gas made locally too:rolleyes:

Remember when pick up trucks weren't so smart:confused:
I bought my first 4X4 new for under $5000.
Was a dumb truck but heck went 180,000 miles.:cheers:
Now trucks are so smart you don't need the crap and will cost $50,000.:eek:

1977 I managed a Mobile Gas Station-

here's one for you-
what is the actual price of a gallon as it's pumped from the refinery into the delivery tanker- how much is the markup where the gas is stored- how much is the markup to the actual tanker that delivers gas to a station

then- what is the total tax, surcharges, fees, city, county, state, feds-
meaning- raw cost of a gallon of gasoline leaving the refinery-

From what I am told the biggest mark-up in gas. Is taxes get rid of all those taxes and gas is cheap........Bob

Here's the current price of gas per contract through the NYMEX for September 1st delivery.

http://data.cnbc.com/quotes/RBCV1

Remember that at this price, you are taking delivery of 42,000 gallons (1,000) barrels, which is the lot size.

Edit: that price does not include taxes.

Last edited:
I'm not a stock broker or one who plays in the stock trading-

when ordering gasoline- we never heard of barrels- it was 4,000 gallons of this 5,000 gallons of that

what was the price of a gallon of unleaded (4,000 gallons) pumped into the tanker truck to be delivered in 1977- pumped right out of the refinery before all the markups

what is the price today

forget the cost of a barrel of crude- not many know how much gasoline comes out of it anyway

interesting thing is- BIG OIL- is the enemy- you ever hear of a city council, county commision, city mayor, govenor, state representitive, any politition whatsoever, president- ever state how much our government gets for every gallon of gasoline we pump into our vehicles

again- I ask you- the cost of a gallon of unleaded that is pumped from the refinery to the first tanker-
and is our government slapping on fees as it is being pumped to that tanker- and ever after till we pay at the pump

Last edited:
Back