Garmin Delta XC Collars

mod71

Taking a shot here...
I have two dogs I run, both have the Garmin Delta XC collars. One collar stopped taking a charge one day; so I purchased a replacement battery and swapped out the old one. Plugged it in, proper lights came on and after a few hours LED was solid green showing full charge. Unplugged the collar and tried to turn it on and nothing. Button seems to be working normal. When I swapped batteries there looked to be some corrosion on the plug from the battery lead to the collar. I cleaned it up with a mild wire brush and it visually looks ok. I would think if the connection was bad it wouldn't charge up the battery?
Regardless, I've conceded I'm not going to get this collar to work, but I can't find a replacement XC collar since Garmin replaced it with the SE. I've come across a few websites that advertise refurbished XC collars but they all seem to be out of stock.
Anyone know of places that can possibly repair collars, or know of anywhere where I can find an XC collar. Since I run two dogs with this collar, I don't really want to go out and have to buy a whole new 2 dog set up when all I really need is one collar.
Appreciate any advice!

Thanks for the replies. As it turns out, the new SE collars are actually compatible with the old delta XC transmitters, so I ended up just ordering a new SE collar and it paired up without issue. Might still contact collar clinic to see about a possible repair to the nonfunctional collar.

Back