Garmin Alpha 300 Lanyard

I have one of the many cases that have a clip on the back to attach to my strap vest. I mainly keep up with the dogs with a Garmin Fenix watch to I am not looking at my screen very much.

I don’t have the GA300. However, I notice that it comes with a lanyard similar to what my sport dog came with .

I upgraded to a heavy hauler lanyard just this week that has a clip for my transmitter and my whistle.

If the clip won’t fit in the recess for the GA300, you may be able to put a small split ring on it and then clip the lanyard to the split ring.

IMG_0267.jpeg

Also, the jacket I wear has a handy breast pocket over my heart that opens to the side and i slip the transmitter in the pocket to keep it from dangling.

It is very similar to the call pockets on a drake waterfowling pullover

Last edited:
Depending on what kind of vest you use, you can try what I do.

I use the gear lanyard attached in the pic and have that clipped through a D-ring on my vest and then have it stuck into one of the shell pouches (that I don't use for shells). This keeps it from bouncing around and keeps it off my neck. I like that it quick detaches as well so I can remove it easily when I'm home or need to charge it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240904_115624_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240904_115624_Chrome.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 7
I started with lanyard but hated the weight and that it swung down every time I bent over and banging the dogs head. I ended up clipping mine onto my vest with a short cord.

Back