Gamble’s quail in Eastern Colorado??

kiva

So...I’m driving down the road pheasant hunting in Eastern Colorado( almost on the Kansas border) and I see a group of these little guys sitting on a fence post. After doing a double take I had to take a picture because I could not believe my eyes...a GAMBEL‘S QUAIL (which I hunt in the desert of Arizona). I’m thinking they must have been pen raised birds or this global warming thing is getting out of control:)
Thoughts??

A9B38DE7-1A79-42FE-B14A-F18AA0DA2B4E.jpeg DF3C7369-9969-4A2B-8E0C-8B959AED91BB.jpeg

So...I’m driving down the road pheasant hunting in Eastern Colorado( almost on the Kansas border) and I see a group of these little guys sitting on a fence post. After doing a double take I had to take a picture because I could not believe my eyes...a GAMBEL‘S QUAIL (which I hunt in the desert of Arizona). I’m thinking they must have been pen raised birds or this global warming thing is getting out of control:)
Thoughts??

View attachment 940 View attachment 941
Probably released birds since the closest wild population of Gambels is hundreds of miles away.

Back