Gackle ND?

Wacker 4412

Hey guys i guess that my original post didnt work out because of network failure. But i am still looking for some help on the Gackle area as far as pheasant hunting. Looks like a guy could get lost out there in all of those P.L.O.T.S areas. I usually hunt around lisbon Enderlin area and do ok. My buddy brother and i would liketo venture farther west if all the rumors are true about there being better hunting the farther west you go. Any help would be much appreciated. thanks guys.

Wacker 44
Finish'em

Sorry can't help you with the Gackle area, however I have hunted south of there a bit towards Ellendale and west to Ashley and Wishek. Less wetlands once you get west of Ellendale and more grasslands. Bird numbers were pretty good at the time. Hunted mostly Plots lands and a one private parcel. That Southern tier of NoDak from Ellendale west normally is pretty good hunting with sharpies being a nice bonus.

Last edited:
Birdshooter,
Thanks for the advise. We didn't get all the way over to ellendale but we did get by cogswell and gwinner and there we found good numbers of birds! most we have seen all year! the 3 of us had our limit by 2:00 and could have been done sooner if shooting was a little better:). Which is always the case. But had a great time and thanks for the help! the farther south you go the better it is!!!!

wacker 44
Finish'em

Back