FS: Rem 700 VS in 220 swift w/ Leup VX III 6.5-20

daniel77

For sale, Rem 700 varmint special in 220 swift with matte finish. This has the 24" heavy barrel, w/ synthetic aluminum-pillared stock.
It wears a Leupold Vari X III 6.5-20 40mm, also with matte finish. I dearly regret having to part with her, but you gotta do what you gotta do. My loss and someone else's gain.

The scope has a target turret for the elevation, and the elevation knob cover does have some minor scratches on it. It also has Butler Creek scope covers on both ends. I still have the sun shade, but it won't go on at the same time as the scope cover.

This gun has no more than 150 rounds fired, including the first 50 as a barrel break in, and one box of factory loads. The rest has been very promising load development. Nothing has been over MOA yet. The group pictured is a 5 shot, 100 yd .32" and I've got another that is a 3 shot 100 yd .12", but can't find the target right now to post a pic. With the very limited load development, I'd fully expect this to turn out as a 1/4 MOA shooter. It's certainly the most accurate rifle I've ever owned.
I have adjusted the factory trigger, myself, down to around 2# and can say that it is the sweetest trigger of any of my guns, including a Timney on a Ruger 77.
This gun has only been in its case and at the range, and has yet to make it to the field. I consider it to be in excellent condition, with three minor blemishes, which are in the pics. Price is $1125 shipped to you/FFL for what will very likely be a 1/4 MOA prairie dog nightmare with very nice glass. Open to offers, but no trades. Thanks

CopyofIMG_2295.jpg

IMG_2304.jpg

32/100ths 5 shot group
IMG_2305.jpg

Small scratch on right side of barrel toward the end. Scratches are very small and hard to get to show up in photo.
IMG_2298.jpg

Three mysterious discolorations near Rem 700 engraving.
IMG_2303.jpg

This really is a very nice rifle, certainly the best shooter I've ever owned, and I hate to sell it, but must due to financial concerns, and we don't have prairie dogs around here after all.
Brass and dies would also be available. Dies are Forster Bench rest dies in good condition, and includes overall length gauge. I'll have to check, but I think I've got a couple hundred cases, definitely have 48 that are already loaded for next trip to the range for load development. Have to check around, but price will be reasonable.

Thanks,

Daniel77

D77, very nice set up!!! It won't last long. I would sure take it if I wasn't sinking money into the project gun I bought. Now I am kicking myself!!! It sucks that you have to sell it!!!! maybe a friend will buy it with a option to buy it back!! Best of luck!!!!:mad:

That buy back option would be just right. I know I'll go through quite a few more to get one that shoots like this baby.

Forster Bench Rest 3 die set plus length gauge, and 48 loaded rounds (next stage of load devel.) plus 52 once or not fired brass (primed and deburred by me, ready to load) for $75 bringing the total package to $1200. I'm very sure that I've got more brass around, but can't find squat after my wife "cleaned" my office for me. I know there's at least the box of factory loaded brass left over (once fired), and I'm pretty sure another 100 unfired Rem brass. If I can find them in time, they'll go along with for the same price.

I really thought this gun/scope would be gone in a matter of hours. If someone would like to tell me what the "red flag" is, I'd really like to know. I know what all of these components would cost new, and I'm offering damn near new condition stuff, and a proven shooter for 25% off. Help me out guys.

Last edited:
Quit putting the pressure on me!!!! I thought it would be gone also!! I have a 22-250 in the same model and it shoots darts as well. My favorite gun by far!!!

reduced

Reduced whole package for $1150, includes gun, scope, dies, and brass, plus shipping to your FFL

Back