From IL 'burbs

Greetings from the rural burbs outside of Chicago.

I've been hunting pheasants and quail since dad took me to hunter safety when I was 10. Unfortunately that means most of my time is spent chasing pen raised birds due to location.

Currently working on an ongoing habitat project at family proper which I manage in NW IL. May be posting some questions in the habitat forum.

Also looking forward to my first out of state trip. Planning to head to KS to look for a mixed bag in December.

John

Welcome from the boonie burbs too! I hate to say Im from the chicago suburbs.. See ya around the water cooler

I hate to say Im from the chicago suburbs.. See ya around the water cooler

Lol...I just say I'm about 30/45 min. from the Wisconsin boarder. Besides, there's too much "country"/ag. out our way to be "Chicago" suburbs.

Makintrax, welcome to the site my friend. Enjoy.:thumbsup:

Nick

Thanks guys.

I have some great memories of shooting a few wild quail here. The family piece is sold now, and replaced with property just east of the quad cities. The PF biologist says there are a few quail in the area, and no pheasants. I plan to see what I can do. He didn't seem super positive. Habitat is just too fragmented for them to spread I think.

I'm originally from Chicago, so I empathize, but unlike you, I had to give up bird hunting for over 20 years before I could move up to rural Wisconsin.

Best wishes on your project(s).

Back