Franchi Instinct SL

ZLR1980

Hi

I am looking at buying a 12 ga Franchi Instinct SL O/U any one have one or have any good or bad they have heard on this gun?

Thanks

I have a 12, really like the gun and the weight for hunting. Been flawless and I shoot it well. Only knock on the gun is alot of late season 3 in loads or a round of sporting clays and my middle finger gets bruised on the backside. Recoil is a might stiff if your going to shoot it much more than hunting. A couple rounds of skeet no problem, but a 100 rds or more in a day and you will notice recoil. There are some used ones around for 900-1000. Saw one in a gun shop in columbia last week for 950 when I was picking up another gun.

For me very light weight, shoulders perfect for me. I have been on the fence to purchase b/c I am a SxS guy. It fits me better than a Beretta SP, but has less bling compared to the SP.
If you don't have these hang-ups like me buy it for hunting not trap as noted above.

Instinct L

I cant say about the SL but I have had an L for two years. It shoots great now... after two trips to the factory! The safety/barrel selector didn't function correctly but they finally got it dialed in. It did cause me to have to use another gun for a trip to KS and that was disappointing. Recoil was more noticeable when I first bought it now it doesn't bother me. The fast 3 inch loads are the issue. Its the first o/u for me and while it was very frustrating having to send it in its fine now. The guys I have let use it during training days have all LOVED the gun. And they have shot a lot more than I have.

Back