Franchi Affinity

PTM

I was going to buy the Beretta A300 but did a complete 180 and bought a Franchi Affinity 12 gauge which according to what I have read is a less refined Benelli M2.I'm mostly an over and under guy but thought I'd try out one of these inertia guns in the cattail swamps I seem to be hunting more lately. Anybody have any trigger time behind the Franchi? It should be here in a couple weeks, I also ordered the TSA pad with gel insert which I couldn't find much info on.

you wont be disapointed i shot one at the local clay shooting club this summer, and i sure liked it. they are well made in the benelli plant, you can shim the stock to fit you, franchi sells plates to adjust length of pull, the safety is reversable for a lfty (like me). personaly im waiting on franchi to give us americans their wood version of it, its avalible in italy in two different versions. but all in all the affinity is hard to beat in its price range, i just shoulderd the intensity yesterday and really liked it also the longer reciever gave me a better site plane kinda like my old super black eagle that i miss alot.

Affinity

Good to hear, I could have used it today, had a shot at a delayed triple but I couldn't reload my over/under fast enough, I'm not complaining because I've had pretty good success with it but there are times when the third shot comes into play. It looks like a really cool gun, I have a sx3 in twenty that I really like but it seems like when push comes to shove I'd rather use a 12 or 16. I saw the affinity with wood on YouTube, I'm sure that they will offer it here now that I bought the ugly black one. It looks really good with wood.

Affinity owner

I was the same as you and opted for the Affinity after looking hard at the A300 and others to replace my Beretta A302. I use mine for pheasant hunting and love it and don't regret buying it for a minute. I feel it is better balanced than the A300 and the raised rib just seems to bring my eye on target faster. Mine is a 12ga. and I usually shoot a 1330 fps heavy load with no issues at all. It is my first composite stock but I warmed up to it quickly as I hunt in about every Fall/Winter weather type and didn't have to worry about getting the moisture off. I strongly recommend it to anyone looking in that category of gun!

After a season of shooting the affinity I have to say its a great gun. I have the 12ga 26". It has cycled every load without a problem. It shoulders better for me than some of the other competitive models out there. Its also a light gun to carry all day. Another thing about this gun is that it is super easy to clean. Not many parts to it. I too would like a wood model to purchase if it comes out. For now I dont feel bad when it gets scuffed up. For the price I paid its a awesome field gun. I had my best pheasant season with it this year.

Affinity

Mine showed up yesterday, got it all cleaned up and ready to shoot. It looks like a really well made gun for the price. I'll break it in with some heavier loads and then she'll be ready for next season. My longer TSA pad hasn't showed up yet.

affinity

I thought about getting the tsa pad for mine also for shooting clays. I dont notice much kick while hunting but after few hours of shooting clays I did. That was when I used some hotter shells to break it in also. I'll switch to some regular trap loads this spring

THe affinity will more than likely be my next gun. Might wait since Franchi just came out with another one called 'intensity'. it cycles 3.5 inchers. Looks like a gas operated SBE2.

Break-in

Got the affinity out today and it all went off without a hitch. It fired everything I stuck in it including some light loads. It patterned several loads relatively well and felt good ergonomically, I am pretty excited to move off the board and onto some flying targets. I think the Franchi is going to be a good shotgun and I am glad to have it in the safe with my double guns.

As a die hard over-under guy I'd like to report my experience with the Franchi Affinity. Quite simply I took it out and have been having tremendous success with it. After shooting a double with it on my first targets I have yet to go back to my o/u. It has performed flawlessly and for an affordable semi I give it a huge thumb up. :thumbsup:

As a die hard over-under guy I'd like to report my experience with the Franchi Affinity. Quite simply I took it out and have been having tremendous success with it. After shooting a double with it on my first targets I have yet to go back to my o/u. It has performed flawlessly and for an affordable semi I give it a huge thumb up. :thumbsup:

Curious, what turned you away from the A300?

co-worker looking to sell his Xtrema for something lighter and cheaper. I told him to look at the A300, but was curious why you went with the Affinity.

My father won a Franchi in a raffle about 20 years ago. Since then he has purchased 2 more and will not shoot anything but a Franchi. He says I'm spoiled because I have a Benelli.

Curious, what turned you away from the A300?

co-worker looking to sell his Xtrema for something lighter and cheaper. I told him to look at the A300, but was curious why you went with the Affinity.

This is not a scientific answer but the Franchi which I think is a dumbed down Benelli M2 felt a little more narrow and seemed to feel better in my hands for a upland gun, plus it had a 7 year warranty, the Franchi felt like a more weight forward gun which I seem to do better with. I haven't heard anything but good things about the Beretta.

Back