Franchi Affinity 20 gauge

Roy B

Anyone own one of these in 20 gauge? I'm seriously thinking about getting one and I'm just curious on others' opinions on it. Reliability and weight ect?? Thanks in advance.
I actually wanted to purchase a used 11-87 in 20 gauge, but they are hard to find and very pricey.

You won’t be disappointed. I went with one 4 years ago and could not be happier. The 20ga is great to carry and very little recoil.

I have the Affinity in 12 ga, synthetic/camo stock, and my wife has the same gun in 20ga. They're our main duck guns, and we couldn't be happier. I mostly use other guns for upland, but my wife has used her 20 for pheasant in SD a good bit.
I love Remingtons, I shot 870's and 1100's growing up, and I still have a couple that I use from time to time. But honestly I'd take an Affinity over an 11-87 any day.

I got one. It is a great value for the price. Mine does not cycle light loads. Use it on NE and IA birds but not in SD. Doesn’t hit hard enough for me. Didn’t use it much last year for lack of finding variety of shells I like.

Have one in 20 gauge, well I did. My grand daughter used it last year for Pheasant hunting and I never got it back. Only issue I have with it is that it is hard loading the shells. No issues with mine when it comes to light loads.

Have one in 20 gauge, well I did. My grand daughter used it last year for Pheasant hunting and I never got it back. Only issue I have with it is that it is hard loading the shells. No issues with mine when it comes to light loads.
I have a grandson that will be bird hunting in a few more years so I would expect the same thing may happen to me.

I got one. It is a great value for the price. Mine does not cycle light loads. Use it on NE and IA birds but not in SD. Doesn’t hit hard enough for me. Didn’t use it much last year for lack of finding variety of shells I like.
4shot I have noticed that ammo is tougher to find then 12 gauge.

I have a Tri-star 20 gauge and I love it. It's light and it's short, almost like a youth model. It's easy to shoulder and to get on target. Just started hunting with it last year.

Back