Franchi Affinity 20 ga.

jonnyB

A friend of mine has this gun and is having cycling issues, using 7/8, #8 loads for Sporting Clays. Three or four out of 25 are hung about half-way.

Anyone have these issues? Gun is 1-2 years old.

I bought my son the 12 ga version from the local gun shop. Shop said to run a box of heavy loads thru it, which was no problem cause it was duck season. No problem shooting 8's when we went quail hunting.

My sweet 16 hates Remington Gun Club. Could be the shells.

Remington - Gun Club 7/8 oz. #8's. Do you think that makes a difference? I shoot the same shell - Browning Gold 20 and have no issues. My gun is gas operated, his is mechanical.

Gun Clubs should work in the Affinity. I agree with Millcreek about shooting a box of heavy loads. When my 20ga Affinity was new it did that for the first few boxes of shells.

My friend that owns this gun has shot several hundred shells thorough it, mostly light loads. He experienced the shell not cycling out of the magazine, as well as hanging mid-way. Would assume the gun is well broken in by now.

He's traveling to New Mexico to dove hunt...that will be a real test!

I believe he cleaned it before the last time we shot - he did have 2/50 misfires. I know a misfire can occur if the gun isn't solid to the shoulder.

I have the same gun and the same problem. The shells I was shooting were only 1210 FPS. With 7/8 load I buy shells with a higher FPS and have not had a problem since

I have a recoil operated M-2 20 ga should be similar mechanism as the affinaty , was getting ready to trade it off because it wasn’t cycling with light loads . I had cleaned many times to no avail and then found out about the recoil spring in the butt-stock , I cleaned it an she started operating reliably.

I cleaned the spring / Recoil tube . Weed seeds , dirt , I was amazed at wall came out of there . I think if you google recoil spring removal shotgun world , you will find a good tutorial on how to remove recoil spring. It’s housed inside recoil tube and the retainer nut typically needs to be heated to melt the thread lock that’s on it .

Back