Found dogs

Pheasants4ever

Administrator
What a day! Was sitting at the table working today at my home in Sioux Falls, when I saw something move outside in the back yard. I got up in time to see 2 yellow labs, soaked from the rain and muddy, walking over to my neighbors yard. I didn't think too much about it as he has just recently moved in from out of state and is a hunter, so I thought maybe he had some hunting buddies over.

About 2 hours later, lo and behold the same labs were in my backyard again. I called them up the deck and they came. I then shut the gate on the deck, got a bowl of fresh water, and looked at their tags.

The tags were from Hastings Nebraska, quite a jaunt from Sioux Falls. I got the vet's number off the tag and called him and gave him their ID numbers. He said he would call me back in awhile. In the meantime, I called my neighbor to see if he knew anything about them.

He came over, said he had no idea whose dog's these were. He offered to take them to his house and take them inside where his laundry room would offer warmth and protection from the freezing rain. I then called the Sioux Falls Animal Control to report our new "captives", and gave them our information in case anyone calls them in as missing.

The vet called back and gave me the owners name, but he only had a home phone number and no cellular number. I then went through the Sioux Falls phone book looking for anyone with the same last name that lived near me as I thought maybe they were up here visiting. No luck.

Abolut an hour later the phone rang and a woman was sobbing about how she hoped I found two members of her family. I told her they were safe (albeit wet and muddy) and she stated they moved to Sioux Falls about 3 weeks ago, and the dog's got out of their kennel yesterday somehow.

They arrived about 10 minutes later and picked up the renegade pooches. I hope he heeds my advice on getting those tags updated ASAP! If you know anyone who moved or is planning it and has hunting dogs, remind them how important current tags and information is!

Luckily this was a happy ending-safe and warm, and back home!
:beer:

!

Tony,

Nice work on finding the owners. It's great to see when someone cares enough to take the effort to find the owners like that.

Hats off to you!

Dewey

Back