Forum Member on African Safari

BritChaser

My long time bird huntin' buddy and forum member is on his third safari in South Africa and sending back daily reports and photos. He bagged a cape buffalo the other day. Yesterday a warthog charged him and he dropped it at 20 yards with, get this, a scoped rifle. Whew! Sorry, I cannot recall his UPF handle; he has posted but a few times.

Last edited:
Is he going to take a day to hunt driven guinea fowl or hit a watering hole at dusk for a flight of sand grouse? They have some amazing wing shooting in South Africa from what I've read.

Is he going to take a day to hunt driven guinea fowl or hit a watering hole at dusk for a flight of sand grouse? They have some amazing wing shooting in South Africa from what I've read.

Far as I know he's trophy hunting big game only. His wife shot a 19 foot giraffe yesterday.

Sure does sound like a good time, just not sure what I would do with a 19 foot giraffe?? Pics would be nice!

Sure does sound like a good time, just not sure what I would do with a 19 foot giraffe?? Pics would be nice!

He's emailed photos but I was unable to upload them to this thread. I've never quite figured out the obstacles to uploading photos here - never had much success.

Back