Fort Riley upland hunting

Toad

Does anybody on this site hunt for upland birds on Fort Riley? I am interested in giving it a try, but I'm a little intimidated by the sheer size of the area. Also, I know they have procedures that hunters need to follow, and zones that you are supposed to avoid. I would be more comfortable hunting with a partner at least until I know what to expect.

I am ethical, polite, and safe above all else. If anybody is interested in having a tag-along next time you hunt on Ft Riley, please post or send me a PM.

Thanks in advance for any help or advice.

Wish I was there

If I was still there I would love to take you out. I just moved to Maryland in August. Send me a PM and I'll give you the data you need to be successful.

Anthony

Thanks!

I sent you a PM, Anthony. Thanks for helping me out! If I am successful, I promise I will post a picture of tired dogs and dead roosters!
Chris
P.S. I'm still looking for a copilot if anybody has an interest in bird hunting on the fort.

fort riley hunting

we tried fort riley last year and will not do it again for some time at least. we ended up wasting a full day and wearing out our dogs for nothing....not a single pheasant or quail.

Hunting Fort Riley

There are 110 thousand acreas on post. I have been hunting it for over 30 years. It's the offers some of the best quail hunting in the state, but you have to know where to go. I was worried about this year after the hard winter but the past two days have produce several coveys and a few pheasants. The post also has a huge (not good for the pheasants) turkey population. I bagged two large jakes this pass weekend.

David

http://www.carrollsweb.com/cmcneal/
cmcneal@carrollsweb.com

2008 Fort Riley Bird season

Doc,

The groups I guided had an exceptionally good year. They harvested ninety-six quail, three roosters and eight turkeys. With 101,000 acres of land it is entirely possible to hunt all day, wear your dogs out and not see a single bird.

This year my hunters averaged four coveys a day and on one beautiful day we actually found eight.

I took a lot of photos and you can see these at www.carrollsweb.com/cmcneal

Safe hunting and don't give up the faith.

David

lets go

I would be interested in hunting with you couple hours from my house sounds like fun! Someone showing me where birds are for a change. I like the quail best anyway great dog work. Hopefully tou get this.

cool we will set something up when you get back have fun in florida, i know what i would be doing there if i was there lake okachobee hope i spelled it right oh well lol

I live on Ft. Riley but have not hunted it yet mainly because I can't seem to stay here long enough to do so but, I would love to see some of what it has to offer for birds. I think you can expect to be hearing from me this year CMC. I also think that this year people are gonna see bird number up all across the state.

cant wait

Talking to you 4 fun has been cool, someone who likesbird hunting as much as i do. I cant wait to hunt riley with you and hopefully become good friends, geting birds and a few points would be a bonus!

yeah likewise and with the knowledge the two us have and the caliber of dogs i think we may just make some fond memories and kill some birds.

I live on Ft. Riley but have not hunted it yet mainly because I can't seem to stay here long enough to do so but, I would love to see some of what it has to offer for birds. I think you can expect to be hearing from me this year CMC. I also think that this year people are gonna see bird number up all across the state.
I'm trying to be positive about the bird numbers as well. I'm taking a trip out west around the end of the month to see what my hunting ground has planted in it. Hopefully the winter wheat will be in milo this year...:D I talked to my dad and he said that they have seen some birds, no chicks though, as they're cutting wheat. 2 weeks until my Canada trip and then 4 more long months until the opener. :thumbsup:

Back