Fort Peck Reservation

calamari

Two friends with 4 Labs have been hunting The Reservation in areas where they've always done well and are struggling to find anything. They generally hunt the East part. Not much info but that's it.

I assume you're targeting pheasants?

I hunted the res. from Sept 16-26 for sharpies and huns. We did okay on the sharpies, but it was a damn shame pheasant season wasn't open yet. Rediculous number of birds in the bottoms and coullies. When things got slow and we wanted the dogs to have an opportunity for a point, we'd hit the bottoms for a sure thing on pheasants. Maybe somebody tipped them off that season is open. :D

I'm glad to hear that there are places where birds survived the winter. It's a big chunk of land so both pieces of info. could be true. I like your story better than mine!

Huge piece of land. I will admit the birds were spotty. We put 1100 miles on the truck during the 8 days we were there. That was just driving between hunting spots. If we didn't find birds in the first hour or so, we were on to the next spot. We hunted a fair amount of Block Managment too, and that was S of the river. A good 30 miles from our camp.

Back