Force Fetch Table

I don't FF enough dogs to have a dedicated table anymore. I've started using an Avery field stand similar to this but mine is shorter and longer, I think it came from Rogers sporting goods. It works good all the way until walking fetch and then I move to the ground. I also use the stand with the legs folded to teach place with 7 week old puppies, as they mature I raise the stand, I feel this gives a bit of a head start to FF as they are comfortable and willing to sit on wobbly surface. I also throw stand alone marks alla Bill Hillman using the stand. 1611676105128.png

I have the momarsh one. The Avery one with the solid top looks better. I need to order the short legs for mine for my Boykin pup. I hope she likes those silly bumbers. They were a waste on my Chesapeake. She cigared them worse than ever.
I’ve been at the shop getting things around for the pup, 7more weeks. Portable scaffolding and the dog box worked well on working hold with my Chesapeake.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 10
Thank you kindly..I have had 5 bird dogs in my life..loved them all like a kid..thought I would attempt to FF our 1st Griffon pup that we are to take home the end of May.

Anyone build one? Just looking for ideas.
Thanks

go to lumber yard, have them rip 4'x8' plywood sheet length-wise, figure your table height, get the 2x4s cut there, get some pieces for bracing and you've got a table for dogs, long work, water-proofing your Barbour jacket and painting stuff in the basement.

Be safe.

Thank you kindly..I have had 5 bird dogs in my life..loved them all like a kid..thought I would attempt to FF our 1st Griffon pup that we are to take home the end of May.
Good for you FF isn't that scary. Take your time, don't skip any steps, and if you need to do not be afraid to take a step back and revisit a skill set.
The "you will ruin your dog" people are the ones that don't understand FF and haven't FF,ed a dog.

Back