Fishing trip

jmac

I went bass fishing yesterday ,for a half day trip. No bass hooked, but they are easy to see sitting on beds in 2 to 3 foot of water. What blew my mind was the Ducks, Or should I say the ducklings. Mallards and Rudy ducklings all over the place. I thought it was way to early for this , but I guess not. Anybody else seeing this in you part of woods?

Wow, that is early! No ducklings around here yet but I don't think it will be much longer.:cheers:

Yea QH, I freaked, it's getting hot down in AZ. But I thought I'd be bumping ducks off the nests, not bumping Hen's off there broods. I hope that the Quail are on the breed game.

BTW saw some big horned sheep in the canyon in salt river area, looking to water. It was a wonderful sight. If I could draw a tag I'd be Golden.:)

So freeking windy here that any bird rising in the air would end-up in Northern Idaho. 2 weeks-away from Bass here if the warmer weather holds.

So freeking windy here that any bird rising in the air would end-up in Northern Idaho. 2 weeks-away from Bass here if the warmer weather holds.

95 Today Hot, I'm leaving for Wyoming Soon to dang hot here. Plus The draw for elk and lopes Came out yesterday and NO NOTHING ZIP. Same thing in Wyoming draw NO NODDA ZIP, But the summer time in Wyoming is alot cooler than He&& ( Arizona). The fishing Is great in Wyoming and I'll be fishing alot.:D

So long as you're fly-fishing, Jmc . . . 'tis a religious experience. I'll be back doing likewise in the Montana Rockies afore too much longer.

Someones making the big bucks to be able to live in both AZ and WY:D Boy 95 would feel pretty nice:thumbsup: 45 here today:( Is there good bass fishing around phoenix? Just be another plus to go south for the winter. Ducks, golf, fishing, warm weather, gold digging. Man was granny smart to live there:)

So long as you're fly-fishing, Jmc . . . 'tis a religious experience. I'll be back doing likewise in the Montana Rockies afore too much longer.

Yup, I'll be fly fishing the platte , the snake, the green, the big horn, any may others. And yes it is a religious experience, when you hook up with a monster.:thumbsup::cheers:

Someones making the big bucks to be able to live in both AZ and WY:D Boy 95 would feel pretty nice:thumbsup: 45 here today:( Is there good bass fishing around phoenix? Just be another plus to go south for the winter. Ducks, golf, fishing, warm weather, gold digging. Man was granny smart to live there:)

Captain coot, My good friend I'm going to Wyoming to look to find work. because my business in az has been shut down by the obama administration.
Going back to farming for the summer, any way. It's alot cooler in Wyo, than the Arizona in the spring and summer time. At least I missed calving season. Never could get the cow crap off of my arms.....:D coot Yes there is some great Bass fishing around Pheonix, and the state.

Last edited:
Never did figure-out why heifers only get the urge to give birth when it's dark, cold, raining/snowing, or I when I was tired/drunk/hung-over. THAT aspect of Montana I DON'T miss (Rocky Mountain Oysters were good, tho . . . ).

95 already! Ouch! I am not looking forward to summer, it will be 110 here in no time.:mad: I hate when it is 40 degrees here in the winter and people are bitching and saying they wish it was summer time. Give me a windy 17 degree winter morning over a hot summer day anytime.:cheers:

95 already! Ouch! I am not looking forward to summer, it will be 110 here in no time.:mad: I hate when it is 40 degrees here in the winter and people are bitching and saying they wish it was summer time. Give me a windy 17 degree winter morning over a hot summer day anytime.:cheers:

Yup QH.

It's forcast to be 98 friday and might be 100+ :eek: WTF way to early. YOU have to love mo nature.:cheers:

C'mon up here, Jmc . . . I'll hire you to clean my guns . . . I KNOW you're more than qualified! Seriously, good luck on your quest.

Back