First Wild Rooster!

koja48

Been a tough year . . . more like trophy Elk hunting than Pheasant hunting . . . lots of miles logged for few birds. I was disappointed when I missed a longish shot at a Hun earlier, but this made-up for it. My partner's Griffon pointed it (she ranges farther afield than Hank at present & at 2-years-old is a hunting machine), but he walked at-heel all the way up, then stepped out & honored her point when we got there, held steady on the shot & flush, and retrieved the bird in a straight line to-hand when I released him . . . not too bad for 9-months. All of the hours spent on training are paying-off . . . Hank will be a dandy, I believe (better than me . . . I missed; Hank didn’t.). They both locked-up on the Huns. Hank was pumped after this . . . I'm pretty sure he prefers these to pigeons. Pretty awesome day! I absolutely LIVE for this stuff!

P10000572.jpg

Great story and photo! Were you in Montana?

Would that I still were. Moved to SE Washington State 32-years ago (the "work" thing). Birds here are scarce this year. Hank will have a season behind him next year, so we'll hopefully head to MT or SD next season.

Cool pic and congadulations on the Rooster. Your pup is coming along .:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Back