First time out

Remington44

Last weekend me and my dad went out pheasant hunting at silversprings. My dad stopped hunting about 8 years ago when both his best friend/hunting partner and favorite bird dog died within the same month. But he was more then ready to get back at it, both of us were excited. I do a good amount of waterfowl hunting and other small game, but this was my first time out pheasant hunting except for when I walked the fields with my dad at a young age. Neither of us have a bird dog so we just worked the fields up and down hoping to kick something up. The first hour or two we didnt see a single thing. Then we decided to move over a few fields and work the corn stuble. Within 20 minutes a rooster flushed up about 10 feet in front of me, and i raised my gun and fired. It was a good clean kill. I think my dad was excited as I was. Then not another 10 minutes went by and I kicked up another one and my dad got this one. That was all we got for the day but man it sure was fun. The best part was seeing my dad enjoy himself like that. It has been a tough few years for him and my mom so I was sure happy we could enjoy it. Hopefully with many more hunts to come!

Like your story Rem. Thanks for sharing. Sounds like you two picked up right where you left off. Nice job;)

Good Job! I hunt SS a lot. I have a 3 year old sm Munsterlander that I would be willing to take and hunt with you and your dad. A dog makes a big difference at the public places as those birds can sit tight. PM me if interested.

Bob

Back