First South Dakota trip was a blast

I use Vmax bullets in everything except couple 204R that just shoot the 39 gr BK Sierra bullet much better. I seat just off the rifling or the max length that will feed from the magazine. I do think the mist affect is better with the 50 gr than those 75 grain 25 cals or even the 58 grain 6mm. The 17 Hornet is way better than the HMR, great for those 200 and under shots, I use the 20 gr Vmax in that...about the same recoil as a HMR, none.
The mist affecto_O...No wonder PETA is so popular!!:p :LOL: I know some guys that drive a couple days with more gear than I take to get out there. They say it's a blast and most ranchers will let you shoot them.

My Grandfather used to make trips out to SD to shoot prairie dogs. He used a .22 swift on a bipod. That thing weighed a ton because of the barrel but the long range accuracy was ridiculous.

Just got back from deer hunting W of Mobridge and couldnt believe how many PDs there were on public ground. All you rifle nuts should keep it in mind if looking to burn up some ammo.

Back