First snow...

Today was young Jazz the snow bunny's first chance to bust cattails in the snow. Got our first couple inches of the year. She had a blast. Her and I saw probably a couple hundred birds. Mostly from a long distance. But enough wanted to play French Brittany games that we brought home our three birds in an hour or so.

Good to hear. I have always had britts. Next one will be a French britt. Need a close worker.
You should check with your breeder on the range of the prospective pup's parents. My F.B. will range 200 yrds. and more in open country. So they can not all be expected to stay in gun range.

Looking for a britt that has a propensity to stay close.

For the past 30 years, my britts have worked it out themselves. One dog always stays close, one ranges. Sue, Summer and Sue have worked close. Charlie, Brandy and Champ are encouraged to run. Pack dynamics.

Close dogs are usually within 100 yards. Far dogs 500 yards. Breeder told me champ was a close dog. I was actually looking for a far dog so it worked out well. I will go with the odds. Big american breed runs far, smaller french breed stays close.

My brittboy stays within 100 yds; just the way I like it. He's a 42 lb "American" Brittany, by the way. French Brittany's are pussys :D

Back