Finally received a nice rain in NW Iowa!

remy3424

We have received 2.6" for the day so far in my gauge! I know Sioux county got a bunch earlier today as did the Le Mars area later afternoon today. We had really gotten dry locally. It will be interesting to see how much was received around the state from this. Eastern NE should have received some of this too. A lot of folks should be in a good mood for a while now, better late than not at all. Some of the corn it might not make a huge difference, but this might have doubled the bean yields we were looking at this morning!!

Got another .15", so 2.75" at my home and received 2" at our CRP, a great and much needed rain, thankful for it!

Received another 1.5" last night at my home, my father had 2.6" closer to our CRP, haven't been out there to check that gauge yet. I am not sure how wide spread this last rain was. We really need to get some into the subsoil for the trees, they real get stressed when they go into winter with the entire soil column dry. We will take it as it comes....like we have a choice!

Cy, I hope some rains find you soon! I was a heck of a year to try any habitat projects over here. I have a free pass on watering the trees I planted this spring for a week or 2 now.

I have relatives that live in Rock Valley. They did in fact post they had received over 5 inches of rain.

Just shy of a half inch here last night. My parents had 1.3" at the farm. I don't want to jinx us, but it sure feels like this awful weather pattern we've been in for years is changing.

Had .5" here and just over .35" in the CRP, the moisture situation has improved greatly now! I am with you on that it seemed our weather had changed...3 dry years in a row sure make it seem like things had changed for us. We might have to get together for a hunt this season.

I have 1.2" in my gauge from last night, way more than anywhere channel 9 was reporting, so guessing it was a vey small area getting it. Have to get a check from our CRP gauge. Need a rain like this every 3 days for the next month of so, to get some moisture back into the subsoil.

I havent mowed for weeks and refuse to until it rains enough to kill the dust. Its unbearable. Im just mowing weeds anyway-nearly every blade of grass at our place is gone. The corn nearby doesnt really look like corn. Between our grasshopper infestation and the drought, nothing looks remotely healthy. Im just across the river from Iowa.

Back