Filter dogs water

Mosby

I have an old Vizsla that has had stomach issues for years. Thinking it was food related, we changed dog food frequently withheld or bought limited ingredient treats etc., Got so bad we started giving her Pepto daily at one point to help her. By pure luck, I started to filter her drinking water and noticed an immediate change. Her daily stomach issues went away. We now believe it was the chemicals in the water that were creating problems....not so much her food.

Because of the dramatic change.....I filter all our water. We have a Brita and another brand we use cooking, coffee etc., and for their water bowl. For hunting trips I am going to hook up an outside RV filter on a blue water hose to fill up their water jugs from the outside spigot. I'll be taking a Brita with me on hunting trips for the motel room.

There is an article in todays USAToday(link below) about half our nations water supply being polluted with chemicals. I know in KC, they get the city water from the Missouri River and put a large amount of chlorine and other stuff in it to make it "safe" to drink. Dogs need a lot of water but not so much the chemicals.

At the very least, filtering out some of the chemicals in their water on trips might reduce stomach issues on the road. Thought I would mention as something to think about.

Mosby, this is a really interesting post. Thank you for the information.

No filter strips are mandatory or required...it is good land stewardship though and if the government will subsidize it, it make great sense to do it....even just for the environmental reasons. I sure wish it was a requirement to enroll in the Federal Crop Insurance program, that would generate bird numbers! I see little abuse of land in the government programs here...everyone knows it is in it. 1 miles sections most everywhere, hard to hide it.

Back