Filson

In my mind I picture Filson as good stuff, but over-rated at this point. They are living off a reputation that was earned long ago and just like Toby Keith, "They ain't as good as they once was." I looked at their website just the other day and a lot was overpriced, and you could tell they were price gouging just to make a profit.

In my mind I picture Filson as good stuff, but over-rated at this point. They are living off a reputation that was earned long ago and just like Toby Keith, "They ain't as good as they once was." I looked at their website just the other day and a lot was overpriced, and you could tell they were price gouging just to make a profit.
I agree, I gave 50 bucks for my Filson 25 years or so ago. I see them on ebay for sale for 300.00 plus. gees talk about inflation.

By chance, I went on the Filson site two nights ago and looked at a number of items that I had bought in the past. Of the items that I aquired and they still carry, ALL items have gone up in price by +/-250%...incredible! And the very nice wool shirts they once offered--I bought one of each color--they don't carry any longer--they'd probably be priced at $450, now. I hope the "lumbersexuals" enjoy their high priced wool and wax.

I was in their store in the Seattle airport yesterday, High priced now , but so were they in the 80's, when I bought most of mine from the old original store down by the baseball field. The stuff from 1988 is just broke in if it still fits. 🙂 buy it once kind of deal, the duffle bags will be heirlooms and have seen lots of miles. Amortized it works, lifetime warranty does not have the selling power it once did.

Back