Field Trials

beaglebob1

Anybody doing any Field Trials?
bobby g

Im currently traveling with my deer exhibit but I do have my 2 yr old GSP with the breeder/trainer where she will compete the next two weekends looking for Junior titles. Chris Riddle (6R's kennel, Grinnel, IA.) feels shes a shoo in. She competed in one compitition last year where she took 2nd place out of 73 dogs...lost to a flusher who ground caught two birds in a time trial. I wont take her to any myself, but this trip just happened to go right thru Chris's hometown so I took her down. Figured a title would look good if I ever decide to breed her.

Im currently traveling with my deer exhibit but I do have my 2 yr old GSP with the breeder/trainer where she will compete the next two weekends looking for Junior titles. Chris Riddle (6R's kennel, Grinnel, IA.) feels shes a shoo in. She competed in one compitition last year where she took 2nd place out of 73 dogs...lost to a flusher who ground caught two birds in a time trial. I wont take her to any myself, but this trip just happened to go right thru Chris's hometown so I took her down. Figured a title would look good if I ever decide to breed her.

Great. I also have a female GSP that is a year and half that won 4 time trials and got a second out of 5. I am getting more into every year..;)
bobby g

I'm running my young female Brittany in a NSTRA field trial this weekend in Waverly, NE. The only NSTRA trial I'm doing this fall but plan to hit it hard in the spring.

Just wondering- which organization do you run pointers against flushers?

TIA

How many are you campaigning?
bobby g

I am running two older females one britt and one lab and then in the ameture runs I have my new male britt the old lab and old britt both have first places and i am also running my partners english pointer female

GCB, are there any differences between the BDC and the NUCS?

I've run several times in a modified BDC at the Ringneck Festival in Huron, SD. In fact I'm going to do it again at this years festival. You just have to take it for what it is. I have two main complaints: 1) it can lead to some sloppy dog work (i.e. only have to hold a point for 3 seconds) and there is generally too much emphasis on time (how fast you get your birds). But it is what it is. Guess that's why I prefer the NSTRA trials.

Sounds like there are all kinds of good dogs on this site!!:10sign::cheers:
bobby g

the only reall differance is the price per run and the rules are a little different other than that just different organizations i had a nastra male pointer his name was SOUTHERN REPS JUMP he was 2 or 3 points away from a championship but he got burned out thats all i used him for so i started running these others and he was revived noiw thats all i run really only becouse there are some all around my general location so not a whole lot of travel involved

I have a pointing lab running this weekend in Iowa for the APLA. She is 16 months and going for her CPR title.

Anyone who went to NSTA Time Trials Waverly, NE

Hi all, I am looking to get in touch with anyone who attended the NSTA time trials in waverly nebraska.

On Saturday, September 11, my boston terrier was hit by a highschool kid in front of my home. He came forward after about a week of searching for Sullivan (my boston). He informed us that a gentleman in his 50s-60s took Sullivan and said that he takes care of animals and will take care of him.

I also recieved and email from a woman at the time trials who had driven past and seen the truck, black car, and dog.

We have searched high and low for this farmer but do not have much information as the teenage boy was not all that observant. Ultimately I would like to know if he made it or not so that I can stop searching.

I was just wondering if anyone else drove past or stopped while this was happening.. who might have more information than a slender man in a light colored truck. Or maybe just maybe.. it was someone from the timed trials who picked him up to care for him. Any insite at all helps. Please email mrklein@huskers.unl.edu

Here is a photo of him and the full story.
http://omahanewsstand.com/articles/2010/10/03/waverly_news/news/doc4ca381b032502686039989.txt

Thanks tons, Michaela

Back