Field Bred Goldens ?

There are several that come to mind: Nelson's Kennel; Maple Hills Kennels; Thistle Rock Goldens; Top Brass (Chicago). You might try contacting The AKC for a more complete list.

My Golden is 10 years young so I'm sort of out of the loop (not looking), when it comes to breeders. Joel Nelson (activce on this site) may be able to assist you. Good luck and good hunting!

Don't be afraid to fly/drive. Our last pup came out of Ammo Goldens in Atlanta, now that is a long trip from AK. Pretty darn happy with her though. You can use frequent flyer miles and put them under the seat for cheap. Only have had one who complained about that.

I am planning a litter next spring. Ask around on the site or others in the dog world I am confident I will get good reports from those who have bought a dog from me or have hunted with my goldens. My suggestion is that he get on someones waiting list. Usually the field bred goldens are sold before they are born. If nothing else have him call me I would love to help him find a good one!

We have had Goldens for hunting and family dogs for over 40 years. We got all of them from Frisbie but they have retired. Our new one comes from Thunderstruck Retrievers near Alexandria. We just got her but she seems like a good one. Be sure to do research. Good breeders of Goldens are not only focused on pedigree but are very careful about health history and testing. Plan for a wait since they are often spoken for many months before birth.

tgm: Had not heard of Thunderstruck Retrievers before; took a look at their web site and was impressed with the current dog litter. I'm sure you won't be disappointed with your dog.

Years ago I bought two dogs with Frisbee backgrounds...excellent dogs.

Good hunting with you new pal!

Back