Few short videos...

Shawk

Newbie to the video camera (GoPro) thing... Posted in our state forum last week... thought I'd post a few over here as well. ;) Both pooches are in their "1st year" and we're having fun. Our 7 year old (all liver in video) hadn't been out more than a dozen times in her life and now that I'm back at it, we added a pup to our household as well that's now 9 months (she's white/liver in video). Camera has been much easier bringing along than I could have imagined. Had a good number of hen points which were fantastic for my pooches... sorry just 1 rooster video to post but I'll keep the camera rolling for the rest of the season. Best wishes all!

Interesting!

Perhaps you would explain how/where the camera is mounted, which model you used and your opinion on how effective this tool is, when filming.

Thanks!

Looks like the head strap mount. I have a Hero4 and use it a lot especially when training. I like to go back and see what the dog was doing or why I missed a shot (lots of footage of missed shots!) I can't seem to get a quality upload to youtube. I might have to try uploading to photobucket and see how that does. I shoot in 1080 HD and it looks awesome on the computer but it doesn't upload that way. I am uploading some raw video now, I'll post it when it is done.

Interesting!

Perhaps you would explain how/where the camera is mounted, which model you used and your opinion on how effective this tool is, when filming.

Thanks!

Picked up a Gopro 4 (Silver) and Duk is correct (head strap). I like the head strap but haven't used others. I like that it records wherever my eyes are looking. Therefore it's not going to missed things going on left and right like a chest strap might do (as it's always facing straight ahead). I'll get better keeping more steady as I keep using it. The camera is VERY easy to use... easier yet to turn on/off in the field. I was pretty hesitant to buy, but now have zero regrets after using it in the field a couple times. Oh, and the video is MUCH better than what you're seeing in my posted links. Uploading online really knocks the quality down a bunch.

Looks like the head strap mount. I have a Hero4 and use it a lot especially when training. I like to go back and see what the dog was doing or why I missed a shot (lots of footage of missed shots!) I can't seem to get a quality upload to youtube. I might have to try uploading to photobucket and see how that does. I shoot in 1080 HD and it looks awesome on the computer but it doesn't upload that way. I am uploading some raw video now, I'll post it when it is done.

I agree... very cool to look back at the dogs and even our shooting. I've definitely picked up on some things my pooches are doing (or not doing) and also a tidbit with my shooting. Looking forward to your vids! The first 3 videos I posted were 1020/60 and the 4th was 720/120... I'll likely go back to 1020/60 but I'll keep tinkering with the settings.

Nice videos. Thanks for posting. Hunting in snow is the best.

Back