Federal Waterfowl Stamp

Br3mD

If I Purchase a Federal Waterfowl Stamp at a post office, does it need to be purchased in the county hunted or does it just cover the whole state? Other than a post office, Where can one be purchased?

Does the 48 hour license take care of all that in one shot? The HIP, State, and Federal that is?

Along with your federal duck stamp, you will also need a State, HIP, and hunting license to hunt waterfowl. All of that would be effective statewide, regardless of what county you purchased it in. Just pay attention to what "zone" you are in, as the duck seasons are different in different areas of the state.

Other than a Wildlife and Parks office, I don't think you can get a federal stamp anywhere but the post office...

That would be my understanding anyway... I'm not a game warden.
:cheers:

Isn't the federal duck stamp in Iowa the same as in KS?

Last edited:
Along with your federal duck stamp, you will also need a State, HIP, and hunting license to hunt waterfowl. All of that would be effective statewide, regardless of what county you purchased it in. Just pay attention to what "zone" you are in, as the duck seasons are different in different areas of the state.

Other than a Wildlife and Parks office, I don't think you can get a federal stamp anywhere but the post office...

That would be my understanding anyway... I'm not a game warden.
:cheers:

Isn't the federal duck stamp in Iowa the same as in KS?

All Federal Waterfowl Stamps are universal, regardless of the state. One will suffice for all states, but have it with you, and signed, even attached to a different state license. All separate state requirements must be met.

Federal duck stamp is nationwide but you'll need state hunting licenses and other required things like state duck stamps and HIPs as required by the laws of the states you hunt.

Last edited:
duck stamps

Federal duck stamp is nationwide but you'll need hunting license and other required things like state duck stamps and HIPs as required by the laws of the states you hunt.

in colorado walmart sells the stamps and think most vendors to these days, you pay, get a temp. and then the real one shows up in the mail, but you are good to go.

Back