Federal Shells

If you don't reload for shotshells already, you won't be saving any money. With powder hard to find, and shot over $40 per bag, even loading 20's and 12's is not as cheap anymore.

Also, if you haven't saved your 16 Ga hulls, you are in a pickle. Wads for 16 Ga are not exactly plentyfull either.

Reloader

I'm not gonna go the reloading route. I buy 16s for trap at Wally World for $8 and Fiochii GP for $18. I would have a hard time breaking even because I would have to start from scratch with all the equipment. Just gotta stay away from the $35 Federal's and everything will be fine.

I'm not gonna go the reloading route. I buy 16s for trap at Wally World for $8 and Fiochii GP for $18. I would have a hard time breaking even because I would have to start from scratch with all the equipment. Just gotta stay away from the $35 Federal's and everything will be fine.

I think that's smart move on your part. Most of us don't shoot enough shells in a year to worry about the cost. We spend more on a couple tanks of gas than we do on shells. :)

I don't have any problem with the cheap Federal shotshells from Walmart. I did start reloading metallic cartridges about 2 years ago. I can load premium loads for about 2/3 of the cheap Remington and about 1/3 of the premium cartridges. When you start reloading light loads for every day practice, you need thin walled shotgun hulls ... they are much easier to crimp. If you want to start with reloads, you can always go to the local trap/skeet range and purchase once fired hulls for reloading.

Back